La Boulange Bread: Baked While You Shop
Ever been to France for fresh bread? Save on airfare and come here!
Started by Pascal Rigo, who spent several years learning the art of bread making from famous French bakers near Bordeaux and in Paris, La Boulangerie introduced delicious french-style, artisan bread to San Francisco. With much success, they currently have 9 bakeries all in San Francisco. We get a special delivery weekly and keep them frozen. All their breads are half cooked so customers can get the full experience of having freshly baked bread to order, just like in Paris!
Here’s How to Order:
- Look for the bread display case in our store by the water section.
- Pick the bread you’d like and go over to the kitchen, let them know you’d like to order it.
- While you shop they will finish cooking it in our Wood-Stone oven. (Takes about 10 minutes)
- Surprise your friends at dinner parties or just treat your family!
Get your bread custom sliced for no extra charge!
Pick the thickness of your bread:
- After you’ve ordered your La Boulange bread, stroll over to where the soups are against the wall by the kitchen exit doors and you’ll find what looks like a nice wood display of sliced bread.
- Visually the bread slices get thicker from left to right. Pick the displayed slice that you want, and find the number corresponding with it (see picture below).
- Let the kitchen know that number, they will calibrate the bread slicer to match the thickness you chose!